Re: dgit and git-dpm

* Ian Jackson <ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk> [141030 13:42]:
> Thorsten Glaser writes ("Re: dgit and git-dpm"):
> > – I’d prefer users of even dgit, no matter how good it may be, to
> > not rely on that.
>
> Again, why ?

To do an NMU, one has to generate a debdiff anyway to post it to the
bug report (as the rules for NMUs mandate).

And the debdiff is the real difference so the real changes done, so
worth looking at.

How is being quite sure what would be in there with dgit that much
different as with other NMUs? Where is the difference to
"I just applied those two patches from the BTS and changed
debian/rules the way described in debian/changelog.
Why should I look at the debdiff? I know I changed nothing else."?

	Bernhard R. Link
--
F8AC 04D5 0B9B 064B 3383  C3DA AFFC 96D1 151D FFDC