Re: Arch-dependent files in /usr/share

* Steve Langasek (vorlon@debian.org) [141102 19:39]:
> On Sun, Nov 02, 2014 at 06:33:15PM +0100, Jakub Wilk wrote:
> > I found a number of arch!=all packages shipping /usr/share files that vary
> > with architecture in a way indicating an FHS violation.
>
> > Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org>
> >    systemd-shim
>
> This is /usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.freedesktop.systemd1.service,
> which is the sole location for declaring services to dbus (i.e., there is no
> corresponding path /usr/lib/dbus-1/system-services).  The file varies by
> architecture because it encodes a reference to the binary daemon, which is
> shipped in a multiarch path.

In this case I tend to say that the bug is in dbus because we should
be able to have the possibility to have per-arch services files. And
after that is fixed, systemd-shim should be adapted of course.

(I however also don't think that this is pretty bad, but of course it
is a FHS violation, and should be fixed.)

Andi