Re: inconsistent versions of M-A: same packages

Hi!

On Sat, 2014-11-01 at 11:45:56 +0100, Marc Glisse wrote:
> sorry for the naive question, but is there a plan for massively rebuilding
> all "Multi-Arch: same" packages that have inconsistent version numbers
> across architectures before releasing Jessie?

That's something for the release-team and build admins.

> I understand that in testing or unstable, rebuilding for all platforms every
> time a single one needs a rebuild is costly. And there may be solutions in
> future versions of dpkg/apt to accept multiarch co-installations that differ
> only by a rebuild. But in the mean time, for a stable release like Jessie,
> it would be nice to be able to take advantage of the good work some
> maintainers have put into adapting their packages to M-A.

I was planning to propose a minimal fix in dpkg to the release-team,
after the current version has migrated. Of course if it is not accepted,
then targetted rebuilds might be needed instead, or a decision to ignore
it.

Thanks,
Guillem