Re: More tasks option in Tasksel: what tasks do you want there? (reloaded)

On 09.09.2014 00:19, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 12:57 AM, Rebecca Palmer wrote:
>>> Someone already
>>> proposed, in the wiki, to add "Games". I like the idea a lot, and it
>>> perfectly makes sense to select all games at once.
>
> That was me. We don't yet have a games-all metapackage in the games
> blend, games-finest is probably a good alternative for now.

Creating a games-all metapackage would be easily doable but I wonder if
there was a more elegant way to solve this problem and if we could avoid
the creation of "meta-metapackages". I could imagine another check box
in tasksel for instance. If checked all separate installable games-*
tasks for users would be selected and all tasks for developers and
artists, the -dev packages, would be excluded.

>> You might want to check the download size it would have first: some game
>> data packages are _big_ (~1GB for flightgear, ~400MB each for openarena and
>> wesnoth, ~7.5GB total for the games-finest collection).
>
> Good point, tasksel needs some indicator of sizes.

Indeed that would be a neat feature. In the meantime you might also want
to try »games-finest-light« which installs smaller and less hardware
demanding games although it's still ~2.5GB.

Markus