Re: ok to ship vaporware in Debian?

Quoting Jonathan Dowland (2014-09-08 22:52:21)
> >From reading the bug it's not clear to me whether or not
> libjs-mediaelement does anything, but IMHO your tone towards the
> uploader seems unnecessarily bullish and confrontational. In
> particular [1] strikes me as sacrificing any moral high ground when it
> comes to BTS ping-pong.
>
> [1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?msg=78;bug=760297

I honestly believed we maintained that package together in the
Javascript team.  I first raised the issue of bloated git[1] at our
mailinglist, and reason I filed this one as a bugreport was to keep it
from entering testing without further discussion.

 - Jonas

[1] https://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-javascript-devel/2014-September/008594.html