Re: systemd, again (Re: Cinnamon environment now available in testing)

On Fri, Sep 05, 2014 at 07:25:13PM +0200, Matthias Klumpp wrote:
> > And proposing a solution for a systemd-free (advanced) menu item in the
> > installer will be accepted too?
> If someone stands up and does the work, I guess so - but doing that is
> a non-trivial task, since systemd is seeded by debootstrap at a very
> early stage.
> It would probably be much less pain to simply swap systemd-sysv with
> sysvinit-core as soon as the system is installed.

systemd also pulls in a large amount of bloat (IIRC someone mentioned 100ish
packages in wheezy vs 146 in current jessie).  Purging those is nontrivial,
as some had their priority bumped up.

At least embedded systems and sbuilds do care about that extra space.

--
// If you believe in so-called "intellectual property", please immediately
// cease using counterfeit alphabets.  Instead, contact the nearest temple