Re: Jessie without systemd as PID 1?

Svante Signell dixit:

> It would be nice to have the same init system:sysv-core, as well as the
> same default desktop:mate-desktop-environment (including accessibility
> enhancements), for all arches: Linux, kFreeBSD and Hurd :-) If possible,
> this could be an option in the advanced menu of the installer.

Right, but we need multiselect. For example, the user may want
to choose a desktop, an init system, and another option.

This is like with the Grml boot menu, which always annoys me
as I cannot select, for example, toram and nofb at the same
time without manually editing the command line. (And even with
nofb, sometimes I get more than 80x25… but that’s neither here
nor there.) We need additive choices.

On Tue, 2 Sep 2014, Ansgar Burchardt wrote:

> Do you suggest to also add pinning configuration in order to prevent
> sysvinit or upstart being installed accidently by default?

Probably. At least when the user made an active decision to
choose one init system during installation, no matter which
one they chose.

> It's not in most users' interest to switch init systems without
> intention, but could happen in unstable when dependencies are
> temporarily not satifiable otherwise...

Indeed.

> scnr,

Schulljung? :D

bye,
//mirabilos
--
«MyISAM tables -will- get corrupted eventually. This is a fact of life. »
“mysql is about as much database as ms access” – “MSSQL at least descends