Re: people.debian.org will move from ravel to paradis and become HTTPS only

On Sun, Jul 20, 2014 at 01:19:58PM +0200, Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:

> >> Hopefully you're not preseeding from a HTTP source, since that means
> >> you're quite vulnerable to trivial MITM attacks

> > True, but debian-installer simply does not support any signed/encrypted
> > preseeding.

> If you insist on using http, you can also just host your preseed files on
> http://grep.be. I don't see why DSA should wait to implement improvements
> to Debian services while there are perfect alternatives available to suit
> your use case.

Because it's not an improvement to the service; it's a change that makes the
*service* to Debian developers worse, for political reasons.

Telling DDs "you can just host the files on your own server" is missing the
point of why people.debian.org exists in the first place.