Re: Transition plan for changing the default init system

Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> > On kfreebsd, init would then depend on an optional package as we don't
> > support arch-specific priorities. That is (IIRC) a policy violation, but
> > do any practical problems arise from this?
>
> It would be useful to have a comment from one of the debootstrap
> maintainers about this, I think.  That's the only one I can think of
> that actually cares much.

debootstrap resolves dependencies of required packages when installing
them, so I think it will install sysvinit-core to satisfy init's
dependency on freebsd.

Notice that sysvinit currently indirectly depends on insserv, which is
prority optional. debootstrap handles installing that just fine.

--
see shy jo