Re: people.debian.org will move from ravel to paradis and become HTTPS only

Martin Zobel-Helas dixit:

>Furthermore, we will change the people.debian.org web-service such that
>only HTTPS connections will be supported (unencrypted requests will be
>redirected).

This means that requests from wget (since it switched from OpenSSL to
GnuTLS) and other utilities from slow architectures (such as m68k or
avr32) to people.d.o will timeout.

Take it as a heads-up to maybe move stuff elsewhere, if it needs http
(e.g. APT repos work well via http since they use PGP for signatures).

bye,
//mirabilos
--
“ah that reminds me, thanks for the stellar entertainment that you and certain