Re: sysvinit is still here, and here to stay for jessie (was Re: systemd is here to stay, get over it now)

In other news for Thu, Jul 03, 2014 at 04:59:25PM +0200, Thorsten Glaser has been seen typing:

> No, there just has not been any challenge that met the form and
> other requirements… and I am at a bit of loss at what to do here.

> Besides, it’s not that the TC made a decision. Rather, the TC was
> split, and the chairman threw in his weight. This is absolutely not
> what I’d call a project(!) decision.

FFS.

The chairman didn't "Throw in his weight". He used his tiebreaker vote
to break a tie. Which is exactly what he was *supposed* to do.

Stop pretending you're concerned about procedural propriety when your
actual problem is that the committee, working by the established
procedures, produced an outcome you didn't want. Who do you think you
are, the senate GOP?

--
Rens Houben                           |    opinions are mine
Resident linux guru and sysadmin      | if my employers have one