Re: systemd is here to stay, get over it now (was: Re: Pinning vs. conflicting)

Hi,

Matthias Urlichs <matthias@urlichs.de> writes:
>> Please respect our decision to stay away from systemd and still be
>> Debian users. If possible, please, don't resist changes that make our
>> lives easier.
>>
> *Sigh*.
>
> The problem is not that anybody resists such changes.

I disagree. People *do* in fact resist changes that makes the live of
other people considerable easier. Sorry to say so, but this is
effectively what all this FUD and useless discussion about packages
depending on systemd is about -- resisting a change, that makes the live
of the maintainers and developers of said packages considerable
easier. I find it deeply funny and ironic that this is actually used to
defend the very same behaviour, that is critized. So, if possible,
please, systemd haters, don't resist changes that make our lives easier.

Best,

Merovius