Re: systemd-shim [Re: How to avoid stealth installation of systemd?]

 ❦  1 juillet 2014 21:17 +0200, Michael Biebl <biebl@debian.org> :

> As of this writing 204, is already over 1 year old and will be grossly
> outdated once jessie releases. It also misses a lot of important
> functionality.
> That missing functionality is holding back other maintainers, like the
> GNOME maintainers which need a newer logind for 3.12 or the AppArmor
> folks, which want the AppArmorProfile support in v210.
>
> I do not think it's reasonable to hold back any updates of systemd in
> the hope that an updated systemd-shim eventually appears.

OpenBSD will produce shim for some systemd functionalities, including
logind, hostnamed, localed and timedated through GSoC (with Ian Kremlin
as student).
 https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/project/details/google/gsoc2014/kremlin/5639274879778816

The current work can be found here:
 https://uglyman.kremlin.cc/gitweb/gitweb.cgi?p=systemd-utl.git

From what I read on the OpenBSD mailing list, it is expected hostnamed,
localed and timedated interfaces to be completed by the end of the
GSoC. Some additional work may be needed for a complete logind
replacement.

Maybe it would be a good idea to support this effort but I don't know
how this could be done without interfering with Ian's GSoC.
--
Use recursive procedures for recursively-defined data structures.