Re: systemd-shim [Re: How to avoid stealth installation of systemd?]

]] Michael Biebl

> Am 01.07.2014 19:53, schrieb Steve Langasek:
> > new init.  But the systemd maintainers are anxious to update to a newer
> > version in unstable, and while there are plans in Ubuntu to make
> > systemd-shim support the interfaces needed for newer logind, this isn't
> > ready yet.
>
> This issue has been known since December 2013 and was also discussed
> during the ctte debate.
>
> Tollef back then promised to hold back any updates until May 2014.
> We are way past that date.

Just as a heads-up: We're planning on making 208 hit unstable once 204-9
is in testing, and then follow up with newer versions once we deem they
are ready.

Cc-ed to systemd-shim@packages so those maintainers are explicitly
aware.

Cheers,