Re: How to avoid stealth installation of systemd?

On 01/07/14, 05:35pm, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
> >> gentle persuasion [...] is more in line with point 4 of the Debian
> >> Social Contract than [...] bullying?
>
> > May I suggest that you treat others the way you want to be treated?
>
> I am not a Debian Developer.  I am not bound by the Social Contract.

FYI, you are bound to https://www.debian.org/code_of_conduct. The reason
why that document exists is because the Social Contract has barely
something about behaviour.

> Are we to expect a higher standard of behaviour from a Debian Developer
> than from a random user who is pissed off because his system has just been
> broken?  Or is being a Debian Developer power without responsibility, as
> some of your esteemed colleagues appear to believe?

Either Debian Developer or a regular user who's pissed of or happy, we
expect the same higher standard. CoC applies to everyone.

> > The suggestion to just add conflicts is also not quite helpful.
>
> I'm not sure I'm following.  There was no reason whatsoever to install
> systemd on my system, yet it got installed and broke the ACPI scripts.  To
> my untrained eyes, it looks like a conflict is missing somewhere.

Knowing what exactly installed systemd in your system should be helpful.
It's not like systemd got installed by itself without being a dependency
of another package.

Kind regards.
--
Jose Luis Rivas | ghostbar