Re: automatic autoconf config file updating

On Sat, Apr 19, 2014 at 7:01 AM, Steve McIntyre wrote:

> Why? I've not seen any good arguments as to why they're right here.

It would be pointless. We are never going to have 100% of upstream
tarballs generated by the Debian version of autoconf and so we are
always going to need a mechanism in debhelper/dpkg-buildpackage or
similar to do the same thing for tarballs generated on systems running
other distros. If we have such a mechanism, we don't need the
autoconf-internal mechanism. In addition tarballs generated on Debian
systems would then be looking in Debian specific paths on non-Debian
systems. Having two sets of behaviour out in the wild doesn't sound
useful to me.

--
bye,
pabs