Re: Install security upgrades by default in jessie?

OK,

As nobody seems for a against, let's clarify.

> Hello all,
>
> Currently, Debian, as installed by default (unless a DE is installed
> too) doesn't install security fixes automatically.
>
> An experienced user will activate this and keep all machines safe
> [user-updates], but others will have a less secure computer.
>
> Couldn't we activate security upgrades by default?
>
> Which tool? unattended-upgrades?

Answering myself: u-u seems the best solution.

> How/where? d-i only? debootstrap? tasksel? ...

debootrap seems too low level: it will add a additional 55MB (+16%)
because of python deps.

Proposal: install u-u from d-i (with a question of low priority, true
by default)[1], and change u-u to have
unattended-upgrades/enable_auto_updates defaults to true.

[snip]
[1]: base-installer: library.sh in configure_apt.

Regards
--
Mathieu Parent