Re: About a mass bug report not based on Sid or Jessie.

+++ Jonathan Nieder [2014-04-15 22:08 -0700]:
> Hi,
>
> Wookey wrote:
>
> > or perhaps we should collectively decide that dh-autoreconf should
> > just be used everywhere unles there is a damn good reason not to?
>
> Yes, please.  At least that's what I do for packages I have something
> to do with.  It makes getting the benefit of upstream autotools fixes
> (including support for new ports) much easier and it makes patching
> configure scripts to fix bugs easier when needed, too.

Well this thread hasn't produced any dissent on this point, so I'm
inclined to take that as a general acceptance that this is a good
idea, and we should just get on with it (which is happening anyway,
slowly).

As Steve says, it will probably need a debhelper compat-level change
so packagers will still have to assent and do an upload, but that will
become the default over time and we will finally have solved this
tiresome problem.

Wookey
http://wookware.org/