Re: bugs in MC (was "Why Debian")

On Tue, 15 Apr 2014, Dmitry Smirnov wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Apr 2014 15:40:00 Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> > • even if I disagree with maintainers (things like bugs
> >   in mc), I can mostly live with it (although, when I was
> >   m68k porter, some pissed me *seriously* off)
[…]
> I see that all bugs in MC that you reported were fixed.
> How did I manage to upset you so much?

No, sorry, maybe you misunderstood here: you’re an example
of “I can live with it”, and yes, except for the “bugs” that
are (possibly deliberate) upstream changes, everything was
eventually fixed. (It’s just that mc is a productivity tool
for me very much and that I use versions from 4.6.1 to what-
ever sid carries, all intermixed, almost every day.)

Nothing to worry about here. I even used this as an example
of why even disagreeing makes me stick to Debian.

Those I mentioned pissing me off were all related to handling,
or, in most cases, not handling m68k-related bugs and other
issues. Although others were accepting of patches or even
positively helpful, so it’s really a mixed bag.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
[16:04:33] bkix: "veni vidi violini"
[16:04:45] bkix: "ich kam, sah und vergeigte"...