Re: systemd - some more considerations

In other news for Fri, Apr 04, 2014 at 05:24:50PM +0800, Chow Loong Jin has been seen typing:
> On Fri, Apr 04, 2014 at 08:27:01AM +0000, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> > Chow Loong Jin <hyperair <at> debian.org> writes:

> > Yes, and /bin/sh is supposed to parse the shebang and call out to
> > the interpreter. AFAICT, mksh does. That the kernel can also do it
> > is just a shortcut.

> Are you sure about this? AFAICT this seems to be the exception rather than the
> rule. Running my Python scripts (with appropriate #!s) through zsh, bash, and
> dash don't seem to automagically redirect them to Python.

For myself, I'd *prefer* the latter behavior -- if I explicitly tell
bash to parse a script, I want it to assume I have a good reason, and
not silently follow a shebang line to execute a different parser
altogether.

--
Rens Houben                           |    opinions are mine
Resident linux guru and sysadmin      | if my employers have one