Re: jquery debate with upstream

On 12.03.2014 16:47, Paul Tagliamonte wrote:
> Also archive size, for what it's worth.
>
> Shipping GBs of DLLs, minified JS and other sourceless nonsense
> is totally a waste of everyone's time and storage space.

this is not a good argument, the best you can usually get out of
upstreams it to ship an unminified file in _addition_ to the minified
one, so one just ends up with wasting more time and storage space.

Its not very good for the relations with upstream trying to convince
them to ship unminified files without being able to back it up with good
arguments besides "DFSG says so". I haven't seen any argument that would
convince an upstream in this thread yet.
I tried "bettering" upstreams a few times, while sometimes successful in
retrospect I should have just repacked instead of bothering them with
Debian politics.