Re: Proposal: remove krb5-appl (rlogin, rsh, telnet, ftp with krb5 support)

On 24 Jan 2014 03:33, "Sam Hartman" <hartmans@debian.org> wrote:
> My proposal is to drop the package from the archive, but I wanted to
> give others a chance to shout out that I'm wrong and that there's some
> compelling use-case I've missed.
> If someone can convince me that the packages are useful I'm happy to
> spend some effort on them.
> However, I don't think that's the case.

I haven't double checked what is supplied with krb5-appl, compared with the Heimdal packages.

My understanding though is there is no objection to dropping things like telnet, telnetd, popd, kx, kxd, etc.

In fact the only opposition I see here is some people object to dropping kerberos rsh/rlogin clients/servers for legacy and/or performance reasons.

Have I got this correct?

Apologies if I misrepresented your views.