Re: lowering severity of bugs not tracked by release team

On Sat, Dec 20, 2014 at 7:52 PM, Bálint Réczey wrote:
> The proper severity of this bug is grave as set by Moritz IMO. I'm
> restoring it wearing my maintainer hat.

It's not really constructive arguing over severity, so that's fine.
You've saved yourself from needing to write an unblock request.

The problem still remains that the backlog of libv8 security issues
never get fixed (except for a new upstream every now and then), so
treating this one as RC but not the others is rather inconsistent:
https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/source-package/libv8
https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/source-package/libv8-3.14

Note that unimportant there indicates lack of security support for the package.

If there is interest in security support for libv8, that is a good
thing, but a lot more needs to be done for that to be true.

Best wishes,
Mike