Re: multiarch coinstallability of libc6 / conflicting loader paths

On Sun, Dec 7, 2014 at 8:08 AM, Timo Weingärtner wrote:

> So I enabled architectures in dpkg, updated the package lists and tried
> installing libc6 packages for each architecture, but dpkg refused to unpack
> libc6:mipsel after libc6:powerpc had been installed, because both
> architectures use the same path for their dynamic loader: /lib/ld.so.1

FYI, some earlier discussion of this issue:

https://wiki.debian.org/Multiarch/LibraryPathOverview#ELF_interpreter-1
https://lists.linaro.org/pipermail/linaro-toolchain/2010-July/000058.html
https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/ABIList
https://wiki.linaro.org/RikuVoipio/LdSoTable