Re: Technical committee acting in gross violation of the Debian constitution

On 28.11.2014 19:09, Christoph Anton Mitterer wrote:

> For many things, CGI is actually the only way to run them securely,
> since it's the only way to run foreign processes in a container
> environment (chroots, etc.) or with user privilege separation.

Not entirely true. About a decade ago, I've wrote muxmpm, which ran
individual sites under their own uid/gid, chroot, etc. That made things
like cgixec, php's safe_mode etc practically obsolete.

It was even shipped by several large distros, eg. suse (the orignal
one, not novell).

cu
--
Enrico Weigelt,