Re: multi-arch and non-multi-arch gobject introspection in Debian and derivatives

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 10:11:02AM +0000, Mike Gabriel wrote:
> Hi all,
> […]
> My proposal for the interim phase (however long that might be) is to provide
> symlinks in gir1.2-* packages that provide correct functionalities in Debian
> and downstream distros (such as described above), as well.
>
> /usr/lib/girepository-1.0/Caja-2.0.typelib
> -> /usr/lib/<triplet>/girepository-1.0/Caja-2.0.typelib

We made it so that gobject-introspection also considers the non
multi-arch path too. The change that affects packages is that the value
of the `typelibdir' variable in g-i's pkgconfig file was changed, so
build systems that respect this will install these somewhere else and
maintainers might have to update their .install files or similar - and
preferably version the BD accordingly.

What problem are you experiencing exactly?

Cheers,

--
Iain Lane                                  [ iain@orangesquash.org.uk ]
Debian Developer                                   [ laney@debian.org ]