Re: systemd, fstab, noauto and nofail

Hi,

Noel Torres:
> Anyway I see that you do not use the noauto option. Is that on purpose?

What? It's the very first option.

In any case, I can see why three entries for the same mountpoint don't
exactly fit systemd's view of the world -- I wouldn't get that idea either,
since "mount /media/photos" doesn't know which device to check.

Thus, I'd fix this problem in a different way -- either with an udev rule
that sets an appropriate symlink and/or outright mounts the volume when
something gets inserted, or with udisksctl, or by telling your desktop
environment to auto-mount.

--
-- Matthias Urlichs