Re: making dput a wrapper around git [and 1 more messages]

Neil Williams writes ("Re: making dput a wrapper around git"):
> On Tue, 18 Nov 2014 16:48:10 +0100
> Daniel Pocock <daniel@pocock.pro> wrote:
> > If an upload to NEW is rejected though then the "-1" version is not
> > known to the archive and should be used again for a fixed upload
> > shouldn't it?
>
> No. You simply upload to NEW with use of the -sa -v<VER-1> options
> to dpkg-genchanges.

Precisely.

dgit is supposed to calculate an appropriate -v option automatically
in most cases, although I may need to double-check that it handles
this edge case correctly.  What should happen if debian/changelog
contains multiple changelog entries but the package is actually new -
as can happen if a package that wasn't actually in Debian is being
introduced ?  The view I've taken is that in this case the .changes
should list only the most recent version.

Daniel Pocock writes ("Re: making dput a wrapper around git"):
> Or should the maintainer create a new changelog entry, e.g. version
> 1.2.3-2, that just says something like "clarify foo in debian/copyright"?

That is what I would do.

Ian.