Re: Being part of a community and behaving

    Cameron> Apparently this is a known issue, and another person has experienced
    Cameron> it: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=760426
    >>
    >> That and https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=769499 are
    >> closely related, and will be fixed in the next syslog-ng upload (likely
    >> early next week). I know how to fix both, but lacked the time to
    >> implement said fixes so far.

    Cameron> This is a great chance to use the 'newcomer' tag recently added as an
    Cameron> official tag. It is for relatively simple bugs that a fix is known
    Cameron> for, but the maintainer just does not have the time. Please do
    Cameron> consider it in the future!

Sadly, no, it's not a great chance. The problem is not all that simple,
and sadly explaining in sufficient detail what the issue is (so that it
can be fixed by a newcomer) is more time and effort than fixing the bug
itself.

But I do know about the tag, and will use it for other issues, when it
is fitting.