Re: Some questions about the GR voting

On Fri, 2014-11-14 at 20:44 +0000, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> On Fri, 2014-11-14 at 21:38 +0100, Svante Signell wrote:
> > 1) If a DD (the only persons able to vote?)

That point is also addressed in the CfV.

> change their mind, can they
> > do so before the deadline, or is their vote set in stone once issued?
>
> They can vote as many times as they wish, with the last valid vote
> received before the end of the vote being the one counted.

As is this, implicitly ("you can get a fresh ballot any time before the
end of the vote").

> > 2) If DD gives the same number for two alternatives, like 4,4 instead of
> > 4,5 is that still a valid vote?
>
> This is answered in the Call for Votes. Please read it. :-)
> (https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2014/11/msg00002.html).

While it's of course perfectly fine for non-DDs to query such details,
I'm not entirely sure what the benefit of knowing at least point 2 is.
One would hope all voters are aware of their options in terms of
rankings, particularly given that they're mentioned on the ballot.

Regards,

Adam