Re: Being part of a community and behaving

El jue, 13 de nov 2014 a las 6:15 , Patrick Ouellette <pouelle@debian.org> escribió:
On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 06:07:33PM -0800, Russ Allbery wrote:
Patrick Ouellette <pouelle@debian.org> writes: > I'm saying those things that logged to syslog now log to the journal, so > cat /var/log/syslog doesn't work because the output that used to go > there is redirected to the binary format journal file. If that's happening on your system, that's a bug. It's definitely not happening on mine. Could you provide more information, such as an example that's not in /var/log/syslog where you expect it but ended up in the journal, and what program is involved?
Since /var/log/syslog is empty, clearly there was an issue when my system upgraded. I'll have to look into this to see what is going on. (Kind of illustrates my point about another point of failure... No, I did not plan or do this intentionally)

Apparently newer versions of systemd-journald do not forward to syslog by default; that has to be explicitly configured (although rsyslog already reads the journal and collects the logs). Not sure if 215 is affected by that behavior, will have to look it up later. What syslog implementation are you running?

Thanks,
--
Cameron Norman