Re: Arch-dependent files in /usr/share

On Sun, Nov 02, 2014 at 06:33:15PM +0100, Jakub Wilk wrote:
> I found a number of arch!=all packages shipping /usr/share files that vary
> with architecture in a way indicating an FHS violation.

> Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org>
>    systemd-shim

This is /usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.freedesktop.systemd1.service,
which is the sole location for declaring services to dbus (i.e., there is no
corresponding path /usr/lib/dbus-1/system-services).  The file varies by
architecture because it encodes a reference to the binary daemon, which is
shipped in a multiarch path.

Since the package is not Multi-Arch: same anyway[1], and there will therefore
only ever be one of these daemons on the system at a time, so we could ship
it in /usr/lib instead of /usr/lib/$arch.  But this also seems like a
low-priority FHS issue to me.  Is there a practical reason that we should
treat these with a high priority?

[1] and obviously couldn't be with differing /usr/share contents