Re: dgit and git-dpm (was Re: Standardizing the layout of git packaging repositories)

Guido Günther writes ("Re: dgit and git-dpm (was Re: Standardizing the layout of git packaging repositories)"):
> I do wonder if we should switch to using git-pbuilder by default and
> rather offer to invoke 'git-pbuilder create' in case we don't find a
> proper base.cow for it.

I got the impression that sbuild is winning over pbuilder BICBW.

dgit doesn't know how to invoke pbuilder[1].  It probably should.
Patches welcome.

[1] For various reasons it is a good idea to run your build tool via
dgit if you intend to use dgit to push.  One is this trouble with
ignore lists; another is that with `3.0 (quilt)' someone has to do a
dpkg-source commit and dgit knows how to do that.  dgit currently
knows how to run dpkg-buildpackage (for both binaryfull and
source-only uploads), git-buildpackage, and sbuild.

Ian.