Re: Tests running as (real) root?

On Sun, 2014-10-12 at 11:11 +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 12, 2014 at 12:27 AM, Svante Signell wrote:
>
> > I have a question about how to run tests for a package needing root to
> > run properly, fakeroot is not sufficient. I've made one of the packages
> > to build properly with: sudo run_test and fixed the sudoers file. But
> > how to fix that so the package can be built on a buildd?
>
> Which package is this, why do the tests require root and why is
> fakeroot not sufficient?

The package is libgnome-keyring 3.12.0-1 on GNU/Hurd. Hurd is more
restrictive than GNU/Linux on mlock()/munlock(), so you have to be root
for the tests: (This is the same problem as for kFreeBSD in #628383)
egg/tests/test-secmem
library/tests/test-memory

The tests pass and the package builds fine with the two tests above run
as root. Currently it is flagged as FTBFS due to this issue.