Re: finding out why a package is not in testing

[not sure if you're subscribed to debian-devel, so CCing]

On Sun, 2014-10-05 at 06:52 -0400, kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:
> Since there is no longer a search functionality
> in https://release.debian.org/migration/ to find out why a particular
> package is not in testing yet, can we please put a link to
> https://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/update_excuses.html (or
> something more appropriate) on that page?

The correct place to ask for changes to release.debian.org isn't
debian-devel; that would be the debian-release list.

> This way someone can open up the link and search for the package name
> they are interested in.

https://release.debian.org/migration/testing.pl?package=foo still works
perfectly fine, the search functionality is simply disabled because it's
too easy to overload the host (e.g. when it's hit by bots).

Regards,

Adam