Re: Mass "do not use bash" bug filing

On gum, 2014-09-26 at 11:28 +0100, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed that you appear to be filing several RC bugs against packages
> which use /bin/bash shebangs in their scripts.
>
> These bugs are *not* RC. The packages themselves do not have security
> issues. The interpreter they choose to use {may,does}, but that is not a
> bug in grep, xz-utils or gzip.
>
> You should also know by now that mass bug filing without prior
> discussion is discouraged, regardless of the severity.
>
> Finally, the rationale presented for the bugs - "against the debian
> policy to use /bin/sh if possible" - is bogus. Debian Policy makes no
> such requirement or even suggestion. It spells out what functionality
> scripts using /bin/sh may rely on, it in no way implies that other
> shells may not be used if appropriate shebangs and dependencies are in
> place.
>
> Regards,
>
> Adam

I don't know what you're doing. Since I use bash I'm scared about this
news. But doesn't the Unix specification explain how to reset terminals?

Have you ever read this sentence: Read the fucking manual.

If you have the manual could you send me a link to it? It's a kind of
already seen something like this years ago.

kind regards
Joël