Re: binary data file and endianness and multiarch

>> Standardising on big-endian is a good idea [...]

> Except that the endianness war has been won by little-endian

That's not what my mail was about.  My point is that the issue with the
software should be resolved upstream, rather than implementing yet another
dodgy hack in dpkg.

Which particular encoding upstream chooses should be of no import to
Debian, as long as it is arch-independent.  Should you have strong
feelings one way or the other, please feel free to discuss it with
upstream on the appropriate forum.

-- Juliusz