Re: Trimming priority:standard

]] Josh Triplett

> Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> > ]] Josh Triplett
> >
> > > - mlocate.  We don't need a "locate" in standard; anyone who actually
> > >   uses locate (and wants the very significant overhead of running a
> > >   locate daemon) can easily install this.
> >
> > There is no «locate daemon» in mlocate.
>
> s/daemon/cron job/g

Then I disagree with your claim about «very significant overhead».  Even
on spinning rust, mlocate is pretty quick since it does a good bunch of
optimisations to avoid re-indexing unchanged directories.  Maybe your
perception has been marred by slocate and the original locate, which at
least used not to have such optimisations?

--
Tollef Fog Heen