Aborting installation on unsupported systems

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 09:28:45PM +0100, Barak A. Pearlmutter wrote:
> The package "ikarus", another programming language implementation,
> also requires SSE2 support.
> There is a check in the preinst script which aborts installation if
> sse2 is unavailable.
One of my packages works only on certain CPUs and by design it fails to
start on others. The package starts its initscript on install, so the
installation fails on unsupported hardware. I have a grave bug #738927
asking me to fix this behavior and I was told by someone on IRC to leave
it as is. Now I see there are other people doing this so I think I should
ask here for more opinions.

--
WBR, wRAR