Re: Trimming priority:standard

On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 06:27:38PM +0100, Simon McVittie wrote:
> On 12/09/14 18:19, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
> > One thought... there will probably be trademark concerns with "unix".[1]
> > So we might have to choose a name for the tasksel task to be someting
> > like "unix-like".
>
> Perhaps
>
>     task-traditional -- Traditional Unix utilities

I quite like that. My main objection with task 'unix' is it'll be confusing for
users who are not really sure what it is, but think that it must be important.

My less important objection is I have a hobby source package 'unix' which is
the v7 UNIX sources (so far only ed/sed have been made to work on modern
systems; the work was all done by David Jones and not me). I will almost
certainly never upload this package, but I do occasionally daydream about
/usr/lib/unix/{sed,ed,cat} etc.