Re: Trimming priority:standard

]] Russ Allbery

> Scott Kitterman <debian@kitterman.com> writes:
>
> > Personally, I use telnet pretty routinely.  Generally when I'm acting as
> > a human pretending to be an MTA for troubleshooting purposes.  I would
> > find it pretty surprising to find it absent.
>
> Try nc.  It works pretty well.  :)

Telnet has the nice feature of telling you what's happening (trying to
connect, connected, etc), something nc needs -v to do.  Purely a
convenience/finger macro problem of course, but I suspect telnet's being
used because people have typed it for the better part of 20 or 30
years.

--
Tollef Fog Heen