Re: Seeking help with OpenVPN scripts and systemd

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 8:01 PM, Ondřej Surý wrote:

> I think the better way how to convert openvpn to systemd would be:
>
> to convert all AUTOSTART= VPNs to openvpn@ enabled instances and all
> other to disabled openvpn@ instances at upgrade time. I guess there
> might be a need to some more subtle tweaking, but I think you can
> autoconvert most of the old configuration this way.
> I don't think it's needed to support "I drop new configuration" and it
> get's picked automatically, but if you think it's needed, I think you
> can prepare openvpn.script that would:

You could even turn this in to a systemd generator such that it still
works if you modify the configuration after having switched to
systemd.

http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/Generators/

Ultimately, I think this should all be replaced by VPN support in
NetworkManager and systemd-networkd.

--
bye,
pabs