Re: 2 months and no upload for pkg

Hi,

Daniel Pocock:

> >> c) offer a paid review service.  FTP masters and assistants can sell
> >> their time through an auction process.  [...]
> >
> > I hope this is a joke.
>
> Not entirely
> I was not suggesting people would pay to have their packages approved.
> Only that there would be payment for consideration.

I recall that the last time we went through this sort of argument,
numerous people have stated quite unequivocally that as soon as there is
any sort of direct monetary compensation for participating in some Debian
tasks, they're outta here.

I don't think that has changed, and thus I believe that the net amount of
work done for Debian is most likely to *de*crease if somebody does that
kind of thing.

TL;DR: Do Not Go There.

--
-- Matthias Urlichs