JavaScript usage (was: Two-minute(!)-survey on motivation and free time contribution of open source developers)

On 08/31/2014 10:03 AM, Bálint Réczey wrote:
> Hi,
>> On Sun, Aug 31, 2014 at 6:53 AM, Stefan Kullack wrote:
>>
>>> It would be fantastic if you could spend two minutes on three simple questions!
>>>
>>> Here is the link to the survey: https://de.surveymonkey.com/s/MFKXYLP
>>
>> You might get more feedback if you weren't using a proprietary SaaSS
>> (service as a software substitute) that also causes privacy violations
>> by asking users' browsers to report to the proprietary privacy
>> invading Google Analytics service.
> I would happily take this survey if I could do it without enabling
> JavaScript on the page.
> It this was the first survey question it is a pretty clever setup :-)

Why don't you use JavaScript? I also don't like enabling JavaScript in
my browsers but other than my personal reasons I have no arguments
coming from somebody else.

How do you currently cope up with pages with JavaScript? I use Chrome
and the "Quick JavaScript Switcher" plugin.

Do you have a particular concept regarding JavaScript or scripting in
documents, or is it just for a practical purpose?

Thanks