Your message dated Fri, 29 Aug 2014 04:51:00 +0200 with message-id <53FFEA94.firstname.lastname@example.org> and subject line Re: Stripped black and white background on activites page in Gnome after coming out of suspend. has caused the Debian Bug report #756966, regarding general: Stripped black and white background on activites page in Gnome after coming out of suspend. to be marked as done. This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with. If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith. (NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact email@example.com immediately.) -- 756966: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=756966 Debian Bug Tracking System Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with problems
--- Begin Message ---
- To: Debian Bug Tracking System <email@example.com>
- Subject: general: Stripped black and white background on activites page in Gnome after coming out of suspend.
- From: Jkpieka <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2014 20:42:16 -0500
- Message-id: <[🔎] email@example.com>Package: general Severity: normal Dear Maintainer, I have the gnome front end ran by the radeon hd 5770 graphics card. I installed the radeon catalyst drivers and my graphics card has been doing great. The problem is after I come out of suspend mode and move my cursor to the activities tab to open my programsand do my usual activites, a problem occurs. The background of the activities page presents me with black and white horizontal stripped lines. I can still open my apps and choose new desktops, but I know these stripped lines should not exist. I reboot the computer and the problem disappears. I have a nice opaque/translusant background on the activites page as I should. Sorry for the spelling! -jkpieka -- System Information: Debian Release: 7.6 APT prefers stable-updates APT policy: (500, 'stable-updates'), (500, 'stable') Architecture: amd64 (x86_64) Foreign Architectures: i386 Kernel: Linux 3.2.0-4-amd64 (SMP w/4 CPU cores) Locale: LANG=en_US.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8) Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash
--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
- To: Jk Pieka <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Stripped black and white background on activites page in Gnome after coming out of suspend.
- From: Tomasz Nitecki <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 04:51:00 +0200
- Message-id: <53FFEA94.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <[🔎] CA+n5Pb=PhRyJX61Yp1uV6rELEnaP6dib1CMLtyEk5QeCO9cNQA@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <[🔎] 53E02806.email@example.com> <CA+n5PbmT4+Lw+6SgrdPTc2Ms7m4m473o-eYzWP1CLP3O1cfirstname.lastname@example.org> <53E41322.email@example.com> <CA+n5Pb=4W=mXOQvyNikw7JHwpJTeKrepauXe35x_b6P4TR3firstname.lastname@example.org> <CA+n5PbkGBo=b3xw-WeMX_1U=LfR0wLN0+s7F6+7TC3unvNovnA@mail.gmail.com> <[🔎] CA+n5PbnkmUnKiCepcZh5-_AJQQLqA1N4foyP_q_XaY7WJPiY+A@mail.gmail.com> <[🔎] CA+n5Pb=PhRyJX61Yp1uV6rELEnaP6dib1CMLtyEk5QeCO9cNQA@mail.gmail.com>tags 756966 + wontfix thanks Hey, On 08/08/14 04:33, Jk Pieka wrote: > Before I do a reinstall. I will try the other catalyst driver that > AMD offers. They also offer a 14.6 beta. I will give it a go this > weekend and report back. On 09/08/14 04:48, Jk Pieka wrote: > I found the fix to the problem. I ran the command.. > > $ find /dev -group video > > Apparently this loads the kernel driver. I am not sure what this > means to be honest. This fixes all of the graphics issues after > coming out of suspend. Would you know where commands can be placed to > be ran when coming out of suspend? Hey, We didn't hear back from you for almost three weeks. Based on your last message, I assume that your problem is resolved so I'm closing your bug report. Of course, I may be wrong or you might have been simply unable to respond. If so, feel free to reopen it and provide us with updated information. If you would like to reopen it: First, send an email to email@example.com with following two lines (you can read more about doing this at ): reopen 756966 thanks Then, email required information to firstname.lastname@example.org Regards, T.
Description: OpenPGP digital signature
--- End Message ---