Re: Why is package X not in testing yet?

On Mon, 18 Aug 2014 21:55:37 +0100
Gianfranco Costamagna <costamagnagianfranco@yahoo.it> wrote:

> I would just ask one (I hope little) feature, I'm not an haskell guy, so I find rather difficult to submit a patch :)
>
> I would like to see also this
> outputUrl = "people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/proposed-migration/update_output.txt"
>
> (maybe with a deletion of ~/.reasons/update_output.txt)
>
> and replace "doesn't" with "doesn't " ;)

done.

> maybe something like renaming update_output.txt.{ubuntu,debian} and passing something like -d {debian,ubuntu} by command line will make this program universally used and easily extensible to other debian based distros.

That's a bit more tricky than it seems, due to limitations in wget.
wget doesn't support the -N (only download if remote file if newer)
together with -O. So if I rename them wget won't be able to check their
timestamps.

Even worse I'm currently working on a filter for "out of date" excuses,
which uses information from the buildds, which are Debian specific.
So support for derivates won't come very soon. But I will look at it as
soon as I have a clue how to do it.

> thanks again for the nice and useful work you did!

Regards
Sven