Re: Python 3.4

On Sat, Aug 16, 2014 at 11:07:01AM +1000, Brian May wrote:
> On that note, is it ok for me to upload packages that depend on packages
> stuck in NEW, or do I have to wait for the packages to clear NEW first? I
> have at least one pending Python3 package in this situation.

If you upload things to unstable that depend on things in NEW, nobody
will be able to install or upgrade that package (until the dependency
gets through NEW). This includes, for example, automatic tools for QA.
Even though unstable is not meant for production, many people do run
it and we're better off when they do, quality-wise, It'd be nice to
avoid unnecessary breakage in unstable. Thus, uploading things only
after their depenencies get through NEW is what I would do and
recommend.

--
http://www.cafepress.com/trunktees -- geeky funny T-shirts
http://gtdfh.branchable.com/ -- GTD for hackers