Re: [FFmpeg-devel] Reintroducing FFmpeg to Debian
- To: compn <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: FFmpeg development discussions and patches <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, wm4 <email@example.com>, Andrew Kelley <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Theodore Ts'o <email@example.com>, Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger@gmx.de>, Debian Developers <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Jean-Yves Avenard <email@example.com>, Andreas Cadhalpun <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Alessio Treglia <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [FFmpeg-devel] Reintroducing FFmpeg to Debian
- From: Attila Kinali <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 21:20:11 +0200
- Message-id: <[🔎] email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <[🔎] firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <[🔎] CANpj82K8KfqJa0JFmsaf5e77micpAg5MaRMhRsOo7AUcLdp7MQ@mail.gmail.com> <[🔎] 20140809070317.GL1627@smurf.noris.de> <[🔎] CANpj82+bthc3cu9YQXvj4E6meK1BbPA7FO=krOzc1r26cK6yemail@example.com> <[🔎] 20140810070126.GR1627@smurf.noris.de> <[🔎] CACXN+=SvX+vSbLrGJ=O8WJ9+BUcMsnv4zuw5UNZdhfqDdp43zw@mail.gmail.com> <[🔎] 20140810214333.GA22922@thunk.org> <[🔎] 20140811184028.GA14441@reimardoeffinger.de> <[🔎] 20140811225356.10314342@debian> <[🔎] 20140811223423.GA7537@thunk.org> <[🔎] 20140812144854.30b7fc46@debian> <[🔎] 20140812145139.GN1898@smurf.noris.de> <[🔎] firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, 12 Aug 2014 14:04:32 -0400
compn <email@example.com> wrote:
> at least 6+ devels refuse to work with each other , thats only a
> quick estimation, i havent polled everyone lately. ffmpeg and libav devs
> dont even TALK to each other. theres a couple devs who frequent both
> irc/lists, most do not.
This is not entirely true. There are people who talk to eachother.
But it is mostly kept under wraps as some zealots think that talking
to "the others" is a mortal sin and anyone who does it needs to be
Heck, i remember how i was sitting with some FFmpeg guys during lunch at
the Videolan Developers Days last year. We had some discussion
going on, nothing serious, mostly smalltalk, but still a discussion.
When Diego Biurrun joined our table everyone suddenly fell silent.
It felt like being in some second rate sitcom...
But that's personal issues between the developers and does not
belong to debian-devel.
> i wrote up a current status of the projects,
Thanks for writing that up. There are certain things i would
like to add there or write diffently, but i will contact you off list
It is upon moral qualities that a society is ultimately founded. All
the prosperity and technological sophistication in the world is of no
use without that foundation.
-- Miss Matheson, The Diamond Age, Neil Stephenson