Re: [Pkg-xfce-devel] Reverting to GNOME for jessie's default desktop

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 03:20:49AM +0100, Anthony F McInerney wrote:
> Would the people who are claiming that blank cdr are cheaper than dvdr,
> especially in third world countries, please cite sources (shops, price
> checkers etc) of the price of say 5 pack or 10 pack, even up to 50pack of
> CD's, vs the same amount of DVD's, from those third world countries. Is the
> price of a small pack of DVD's really worth making the decision on a DE for
> debian?

Not sure why you'd want to go for third world countries, but let's look
at Germany (Aldi is one of the two biggest discounters here):
http://www.presseportal.de/pm/112096/2653870/aldi-senkt-preise-fuer-fischprodukte-oel-und-smoothies
CD-R Rohlinge (80 Minuten, je 50er Spindel)         5,99 Euro
DVD+R Rohlinge (je 20er Spindel)                    3,99 Euro
That is 0.12 EUR per CDR and 0.20 EUR per DVD.

> DVD readers/writers are cheaper now than CD readers/writers ever were.
I don't think it makes sense to ask for the price of one media (which is
in Cents), but then assume that the extra cost for a new DVD reader is
negligible.

	Thomas