Re: Re: [FFmpeg-devel] Reintroducing FFmpeg to Debian

On both servers and desktops, I've been a Debian user since Sarge.  I
use Debian not only because of its strong technical merits, but because
of the strong sense of ethics the project has always had.

A fork that tries to forcibly steal the name and infrastructure from
the original project while ousting the original maintainer and a good
number of developers is not ethical.  In fact, it's pure slime.  The
fact that up until this point the Debian Project has been so accepting
of a fork that runs so contrary to the free software spirit in its
ethics has darkened my view of the entire project.

--
Joe Neal <vlvtelvis@speakeasy.net>